The world has changed so much in my 31 years. The way we communicate has been totally changed, technology is developing at break-neck speed, we have access to tons of information, and our brains (particularly younger generations) actually function differently. We have become cyborgs of sorts.
Despite the changes in the world, the institutional Church has remained basically the same. We have made minor changes in the last 31 years, tweaking worship music and style, integrating some technology, etc. But truly things have remained basically the same for many many years.
I believe in the church. I believe she is the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ. I believe the church has the ability and capacity to dramatically change the world, and has been changing it since Christ ascended to the Father 2000 years ago. Where the Body of Christ goes schools are built, hospitals are built, the poor are cared for, orphans are given homes, light and life come. I know that history also paints a picture of conquests and atrocities committed in the name of Christ - the opposite of God's Kingdom being perpetuated in His name.
With this introduction in mind, I want to begin a conversation. It's a conversation about what the Body of Christ should look like, be, and do and how the institutional church can help. It's a conversation about spiritual growth, culture change, and the future. It is my hope that you will join in the discussion as we journey together.
No comments:
Post a Comment