How glad I am that God delights in meeting us where we are - in the small places, the big places, the private places, the public places! He meets us and whispers (sometimes even yells) to us his truth and his love.
The past few weeks the theme of the sermons at the church I've attended has been "Revive." This week the pastor mentioned the story of the dry bones in Ezekiel - the prophet is brought to a place where many dead lie. Their bones are so old all the flesh is dried off. God tells that prophet about how he breathes life into what is long dead.
God breathes life.
He did it at the beginning and he does it daily.
I love that Christ said he came that we might have life and have it abundantly. Abundantly. Life.
The Breath of God filling our lungs and blowing through us.
I find that abundance often grows out of things that have died and are rotting, just like fertile soil is made of the compost of organic things that have long since looked like they are full of life.
It's as if God takes great joy in breathing into a valley of dry bones and raising an army of life.
It seems God does this in me.
As far as seasons go, this one is not particularly prolific. I am jobless, career-less, and in many ways purposeless. And yet, I believe it is in the putting to death of my pride, my plans and hopes that God is going to breathe something beautiful and abundant into me.
He did not bring us here that we might die, but that we might have abundant life. - This is what I believe.
I see how over and over again, God uses the desert place, the wilderness, the valleys of dry bones to shape us and form us. He cares far more about our wholeness and healing than he cares about our temporary comfort and our desires.
Because he loves us... he loves us so much!
And God is doing a work in each of us. I am not sure what will come to life in the next few months or years, but I have confidence that even if I haven't a clue, God knows exactly what is going on.
So I try to trust in the midst of my fears and my doubt and I try to listen as he speaks.
Luckily for me, he speaks all the time... as long as I have ears to hear.
Miss you, miss you. We hope you are well. YOU are doing the MOST important job on the planet. Being a Mom:) I assure you as a teacher I have witnessed first hand how much our culture has shifted with so many moms working. Many kids don't even have basic manners, respect or know what discipline is. I was a stay-home mom for 9 years and while I often felt like I was NOT respected I knew I was doing the most important job. It was the MOST difficult job I've ever done and the first year was very lonely. But it was important to us for me to raise our children and know that it is our responsibility to send them into the world to be respectful, polite and productive citizens. I took that VERY seriously. Matt was always very appreciative to me and constantly told me he would NOT want my job. There is no pay, no sick days, no Holidays and you are 50 jobs in one from A-Z. Know that God has plans for you and enjoy your precious time with Sarai. Before you know it,she'll be 16 and you'll have a lump in your throat realizing it is all about to change when they leave you in a few short year:( God bless. WE love you and miss you. The Conards:)
ReplyDelete